Fall-Winter Wedding Colors
Lucky me, I’m attending an event this weekend for a friend who is getting married! There is always something incredibly romantic about the harvest season for a wedding. Because I’ve been privy to some of the artistic details my friend has planned, I can’t wait to see the final results.
A unique theme certainly defines the style and tone of a wedding, and this includes elements of color and décor. Whether you go subtle and romantic or bold and glamorous the key to a memorable occasion is creativity and personalization.
Down Home Country
Popular right now are country themed weddings with a touch of glamour. The color palette is down-to-earth and comfortable, the décor elements rustic:
– Name cards made of vellum lace paper, tied with twine or string bows.
– Succulents add texture to traditional floral centerpieces and bouquets.
– Heavy linen table cloths with burlap napkins and table runners.
– Wooden stump chargers (oversized decorative plate) under each dinner plate
– Metallic gold replaces silver for a touch of elegance.
– Twigs and leaves adorning the table top make the occasion less formal.
Today’s bridal dresses come in all lengths and colors, with styles that transition gracefully from the walk down the aisle to reception to dance floor. Eveningwear of the ‘30s comes to mind, featuring shiny satins in all shades of ivory and champagne.
And the Bride Wore Drama…
A winter wedding is all about dramatics and the festive mood of the season. The stark contrast of black and white is a becoming color theme for this time of year:
– Black-stemmed glasses stand out against crisp white linens.
– Daring statements are
made with rich velvety textures.
– Jeweled accents for table top in sapphire, ruby and moody plum-violet.
– Floral arrangements are dark, featuring burgundy, blood red or dark purple roses.
– Sequins, feathers, glitter and layers of shimmering fabric adorn table top accessories.
– Crystal chandeliers shimmering overhead.
Some of my favorite sites to peruse for wedding color palettes and décor ideas:
More Articles You Might Like